Close和Near的区别
Close or Near?

Close和Near的区别

Close or Near?

00:00

Close和Near的区别

Close or Near?

2019-11-23

本周我们将回答迈赫迪提出的一个问题:close和near二者的区别是什么?


今天我们来回答迈赫迪提出的问题。
Today we answer a question from Mehdi.

close和near二者的区别是什么?
What is the difference between close and near?

亲爱的迈赫迪,
Dear Mehdi,

谢谢你的来信。
Thank you for writing.

你问了一个好问题。
You ask a good question.

“Close”和“near”通常都用作形容词。
“Close” and “near” are commonly used as adjectives.

当你谈论物理上的距离的时候,你可以用任意一个词。
When you are talking about physical distances, you can use either word.

像这样:
Like this:

地铁站就在附近。
The subway station is close.

地铁站就在附近。
The subway station is near.

这两个句子都是正确的,意思是一样的。
Both these sentences are correct and mean the same thing.

但是如果你谈论的是抽象的概念或品质,比如说关系时,你就用“close”而不是“near”。
But if you are talking about something that deals with abstract ideas or qualities, like relationships, you use “close” instead of “near.”

就像这个例子:
As in this example:

我和我的朋友住在不同的国家,但我们关系很亲密。
My friend and I live in different countries, but we are very close.

在这里,我是说我的朋友和我不是在同一个物理地域,但我们在情感上是相连的。
Here, I am saying that my friend and I are not in the same physical area, but we are emotionally connected.

我们是好朋友。
We are good friends.

然而,如果我说,“我的邻居和我住在同一栋公寓楼里,但是我们的关系并不亲密”,
However, if I say, “My neighbor and I live in the same apartment building, but we are not close,”

我的意思是我们住在同一个物理地域,但是我们没有情感上的联系。
I mean we occupy the same physical area, but we are not emotionally connected.

我家的狗曾试图咬他家的狗,他就再也没跟我说过话!
My dog tried to bite his dog once, and he has never spoken to me again!

谢谢你的来信,迈赫迪。
Thanks for writing, Mehdi.

阅读听众的留言是工作中最棒的部分——这让我们感觉与听众很亲近。
Reading comments from our listeners is the best part of the job – it makes us feel close to our audience.

以上就是本期名师答疑全部内容。
For now, that’s Ask a Teacher!

安娜·鲍尔为您播报。
I’m Anne Ball.