Each和Every的区别
Each or Every?

Each和Every的区别

Each or Every?

00:00

Each和Every的区别

Each or Every?

2019-11-01

本周我们将回答桑德拉·M的一个问题:“each”和“every”之间有什么区别?


今天我们来回答桑德拉·M的问题。
Today we answer a question from Sandra M.

她写道:“你好! 您能否告诉我,“each”和“every”之间有什么区别?each cell还是 every cell?哪个是正确的?”
She writes, “Hello! Could you tell me, please, what the difference is between ’each’ and ’every’… Which option is correct: each cell or every cell?”

亲爱的桑德拉,
Dear Sandra,

谢谢你的来信。
Thank you for writing to us.

是的,“each”和“every”是非常相似的词。
Yes, “each” and “every” are very similar words.

我承认,有时候我不得不考虑到底使用哪个!
I admit, sometimes I have to think about which one to use!

通常,在谈论一个单独的对象或个人时,使用“each”。
In general, you use “each” when you are talking about one individual object or person.

“Every”用于一组对象或包括你在内的一组人。
“Every” is used for a group of objects, or people that you group together.

例如,你可以说:
For example, you can say:

森林里的每棵树都是不同的,但是每一棵树都是美丽的。
Each tree in the forest is different, but every tree is beautiful.

再举个例子。
Here’s another example.

美国诗人玛雅·安杰洛说:“我相信每个人都有与生俱来的天赋。”
The American poet Maya Angelou said:“I believe that every person is born with talent."

她用了“every”,因为她说的是所有的人。
She used “every” because she was talking about all people.

但是,如果她想要强调我们擅长的事情都不同,她可能会接着说:
But if she wanted to point out that we are not all good at the same things, she could have added:

“每个人都有不同的天赋,就像每个人都有不同的声音一样。”
“Each person has a different talent, just like each person has a different voice.”

现在,让我们来回答你的问题。
Now, let’s answer your question.

如果你在说单个的细胞或者不同的细胞,那就用“each”。
Use “each cell” if you are talking about individual cells, or cells that are not the same.

例如:每个细胞都有其独特的存在意义。
For example: Each cell has a specific purpose.

有的细胞成为心脏的一部分,有的成为肺的一部分,还有的则成为大脑的一部分。
One cell becomes part of a heart, one cell becomes part of a lung, and one cell becomes part of a brain.

但是,如果你说“你体内的每个细胞都有细胞壁”,则是在谈论体内的细胞群以及它们之间的相似之处。
But if you say, “Every cell in your body has a wall,” you are talking about the group of cells in your body, and how they are all alike.

顺便说一句,你也可以在同一句话中将“each”和“every”放在一起,以表明你有强烈的见解。
By the way, you can also put “each” and “every” together in the same sentence to show you have a strong opinion.

比如:“我想要你们每个人都知道,我们相信你们会说一口流利的英语!”
Like this: “I want each and every one of you to know we believe you can be good English speakers!”

以上就是本期《名师答疑》的全部内容。
And That’s Ask a Teacher!

安妮·鲍尔为您播报。
I’m Anne Ball.