‘How do you feel?’ 和 ‘How are you?’之间的区别
How Do You Feel Or How Are You?

‘How do you feel?’ 和 ‘How are you?’之间的区别

How Do You Feel Or How Are You?

00:00

‘How do you feel?’ 和 ‘How are you?’之间的区别

How Do You Feel Or How Are You?

2019-10-28

本周我们将回答颜提出的一个问题:‘How do you feel?’ 和 ‘How are you?’之间的区别是什么?


本周我们回答一个来自颜的问题。
This week we answer a question from Ngan.

颜写道:“‘how do you feel?’ 和 ‘how are you?’之间的区别是什么?”
Ngan writes, “What is the difference between ‘how do you feel?’ and ‘how are you?’”

亲爱的颜,
Dear Ngan,

谢谢你写信给我们。
Thank you for writing us.

你的问题的答案取决于谁在发问,以及谁在回答。
The answer to your question depends on who is asking it, and also, who is answering it.

这取决于两个人之间相互了解的程度。
It can depend on how well the two people know each other.

“How do you feel”可以是你问朋友的问题。
How do you feel’ can be a question you ask a friend.

这是关于现在感觉如何的一个私人问题。
It is a personal question about how you feel now.

假设你在和刚出院的朋友聊天:
Let us say you are talking with your friend who just got out of the hospital:

“嗨,珍妮特。我知道你病了。你现在感觉怎么样?我希望你好些了!”
“Hi Janet. I know you’ve been sick. How do you feel now? I hope you are better!”

这句话可能是问某个人身体上或情感上的感受。
This phrase can be about how a person feels physically or emotionally.

例如你可能会问一位新婚的朋友这样一个问题:
Like this question you may ask your friend who just got married:

“作为一个结了婚的男人,感觉咋样啊?!”
“How does it feel to be a married man?!”

末尾加上“i-n-g”,你就得到了“feeling”这个词。
Add “i-n-g” and you get the word “feeling.”

这样你就是在问某人一段时间的感受。
Now you are asking how someone feels over a period of time.

看一个例子:
Here is an example:

“你的脚动了手术之后感觉怎么样?”
“How are you feeling since your foot surgery?”

或者
or

“自从你父亲上个月去世后,你感觉怎么样?”
“How have you been feeling since your father died last month?”

你可能也是在询问某人的意见。
You might also be asking someone her or his opinion.

“你觉得纳特斯棒球队在世界系列赛中的表现如何?”
“How do you feel about the Nats baseball team playing in the World Series?!”

现在让我们来看看“how are you?”。
Let’s turn to ’how are you?’

这个短语也是朋友之间相互的询问。
This is something friends also ask each other.

但是它问的可能是一个宽泛的问题,跟具体的问题无关。
But it can be a wider question — one that is not related to a specific issue.

就像这样:
Like this:

“我有一段时间没见到你了,你好吗?”
“I haven’t seen you for a while, how are you?”

它也是遇见某人时的一句礼貌用语:
It is also a polite phrase you can use when you meet someone:

“山姆,这是伊丽莎白。”
“Sam, this is Elizabeth.”

“很高兴见到你,伊丽莎白。你好吗?”
“Nice to meet you Elizabeth. How are you?”

以上就是本期名师答疑的全部内容。
And that’s Ask a Teacher!

安妮·鲍尔为您播报。
I’m Anne Ball.