生病时应该锻炼吗?
Should You Exercise While Sick?

生病时应该锻炼吗?

Should You Exercise While Sick?

00:00

生病时应该锻炼吗?

Should You Exercise While Sick?

2019-09-05

这里是美国之音英语学习频道,健康和生活方式报道。运动有助于保持身体健康。美国心脏协会的医生建议每周至少进行150分钟的适度身体活动。


这里是美国之音英语学习频道,健康和生活方式报道。
From VOA Learning English, this is the Health & Lifestyle report.

运动有助于保持身体健康。
Exercise helps to keep us in good health.

美国心脏协会的医生建议每周至少进行150分钟的适度身体活动。
Doctors at the American Heart Association suggest getting at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity every week.

很多人都有锻炼的习惯。
Many people have an exercise routine.

他们每天或隔天花几分钟锻炼。
They exercise for a few minutes every day or every other day.

因此,达到150分钟的运动量很容易。
So, getting those 150 minutes is easier.

但是那些生病的时候呢?
But what about those times when you are sick?

如果感觉不舒服,是否应该继续坚持锻炼?
If you do not feel well, should you keep following your exercise routine?

身体活动会有利于恢复健康还是会延缓康复?
Will physical activity help you to feel better more quickly or will it delay the healing process?

健康专家在梅奥诊所网站上回答了这些及其他一些问题。
Health experts answer these and other questions on the Mayo Clinic website.

梅奥诊所是美国一家非营利性医疗中心。
The Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit medical center in the United States.

爱德华·R·拉斯科夫斯基是该诊所的医生。
Edward R. Laskowski is a doctor at the clinic.

他指出,“如果患有普通感冒,通常可以进行中轻度的身体活动。”
He notes that “mild to moderate physical activity is usually OK if you have a common cold.”

拉斯科夫斯基博士和其他专家对生病时锻炼这件事有常规的经验法则。
Dr. Laskowski and other experts have a general rule of thumb about exercising when you are sick.

他解释道,如果病症都“在颈部以上”,那么通常可以锻炼。
It is usually fine to exercise, he explains, if your symptoms are all "above the neck."

这些症状包括流鼻涕、鼻塞、打喷嚏或轻微的喉咙痛。
These signs may include a runny nose, nasal congestion, sneezing or a minor sore throat.

事实上,拉斯科夫斯基补充道,锻炼可能会让你感觉更好,因为运动可以“打开鼻腔通道”。
In fact, Laskowski adds that exercise may make you feel better by “opening your nasal passages.”

这可能会暂时缓解鼻塞,从而让呼吸更顺畅。
This may temporarily reduce congestion and help you to breathe more easily.

美国健康网站WebMD也提供了类似的建议。
The American health website WebMD offers similar advice.

杰瑞琳·库柏史密斯是一名体能训练师,她曾写过几本关于运动和营养的书籍。
Geralyn Coopersmith is a physical fitness trainer who has written several books on exercise and nutrition.

库柏史密斯告诉WebMD:“通常的规则是,如果只是轻微的抽鼻子,已经服用一些药物并且感觉还行的话,那么是可以锻炼的。”
Coopersmith told WebMD: "The general rule is that if it is just a little sniffle and you take some medications and don’t feel so sick, it’s OK to work out.”

然而,库柏史密斯和拉斯科夫斯基博士都建议称,如果病症“在颈部以下”,人们应该暂停锻炼。
However, both Coopersmith and Dr. Laskowski suggest taking a break from exercising if signs of your illness appear "below the neck."

要注意的症状有胸闷、严重咳嗽或胃疼等。
Be on guard for symptoms such as chest congestion, extreme cough or pain in the stomach.

但是还有一些其他症状也表明需要避免运动。
But there are other symptoms that can tell you to avoid exercise.

它们包括:体温过高、感觉极度疲惫以及大面积肌肉疼痛。
They include:a higher than normal body temperature,a sense of feeling extremely tired, also known as fatigue, and widespread muscle pain.

WebMD的专家库柏史密斯补充称,如果感到胸口堵得慌,“也不建议进行锻炼。”
Coopersmith, the WebMD expert, adds that if you feel tightness in the chest, “it is not advisable to be working out."

她和拉斯科夫斯基博士都建议人们倾听自己的身体反应。
Both she and Dr. Laskowski suggest listening to your body.

如果感觉很糟糕,就暂停一下,让身体休息。
If you feel really badly, take a break and let your body rest.

这些专家都建议,如果人们感觉不太严重,可以降低常规的运动强度。
If you don’t feel too badly, these experts both suggest cutting back on the intensity of your exercise routine.

例如,如果你经常跑步,就改成快走。
For example, if you usually run, take a quick walk instead.

梅奥诊所的专家补充道,“生病时休息几天不会影响人们的运动表现。”
Experts at the Mayo Clinic add that a “few days off from exercise when you are sick shouldn’t affect your performance.”

当你感觉好些时,就可以恢复正常的运动强度。
You can return to your usual intensity when you feel better.

但是,拉斯科斯基博士警告称,如果不只是感冒,却还锻炼的话,可能会导致“更严重的伤害或疾病”。
However, Dr. Laskowski warns that exercising when you have more than a common cold, could lead to “more-serious injury or illness.”

以上就是本期健康和生活方式报道的全部内容。
And that’s the Health & Lifestyle Report.

我是安娜·马特奥。
I’m Anna Matteo.