信件和电子邮件中的问候语
Greetings in Letters and Emails

信件和电子邮件中的问候语

Greetings in Letters and Emails

00:00

信件和电子邮件中的问候语

Greetings in Letters and Emails

2019-07-09

今天的《名师答疑》栏目,我们将回答来自也门的叶海亚的提问。他写道:“您能解释一下‘Hi,’ ‘Dear sir,’ ‘Hello,’ ‘Greetings’和其他问候语之间的区别吗?非常感谢!!”


今天的《名师答疑》栏目,我们将回答来自也门的叶海亚的提问。
Today on Ask a Teacher, we answer a question from Yehia in Yemen.

他写道:“您能解释一下‘Hi,’ ‘Dear sir,’ ‘Hello,’ ‘Greetings’和其他问候语之间的区别吗?非常感谢!!”
He writes:“Could you explain what are the differences between ‘Hi,’ ‘Dear sir,’ ‘Hello,’ ‘Greetings’ and other greetings? Thank you!!”

尊敬的叶海亚: 要回答你的提问,我需要更多的信息。
Dear Yehia,To answer your question, I need more information.

你是要在写商务信函还是普通的电子邮件?
Are you writing a business letter or an email?

另外,你和收信人的熟悉程度是怎样的?
Also, how well do you know the person you are writing to?

让我们来考虑一些可能的情况。
Let us look at a few possible situations.

英语中,给陌生人写信,通常在信的开头写上“Dear”,加这个人的头衔以及他的姓。
When writing to someone you do not know, you usually begin a letter with “Dear” and the title of the person and their surname, or family name.

想象一下,你正在给科里·高夫写一封祝贺信,高夫这位年轻女子周一在温布尔登打败维纳斯·威廉姆斯。
Imagine you are writing a letter to congratulate Cori Gauff, the young woman who defeated Venus Williams at Wimbeldon on Monday.

如果你不认识这位美国少年,你可以这样在信的开头这样写:
If you did not know the American teenager, you would start the letter this way:

尊敬的高夫女士:我写信是想祝贺你在温布尔登取得的惊人胜利。
Dear Ms. Gauff:I am writing to congratulate you on your amazing victory at Wimbeldon.

你可能看到过商业信函的开头是“Dear Sir” (“尊敬的先生”)或“Dear Sir or Madam”(“尊敬的先生或夫人”)。
You may have seen business letters that start with “Dear Sir” or “Dear Sir or Madam.”

但那些表达是在你不知道收信人的名字时用的。
But those words are used when you do not know the name of the person who will receive the letter.

最好还是以收信人的名字开头。在提到姓氏前,
It is always better to begin with the name of the person you are writing to.

女性用“Ms.”(“女士”),男性用或“Mr.”(“先生”)。
Use the term Ms. for females and Mr. for males before the surname.

如果你确定收信人的性别,你可以写他们的全名:尊敬的科里·高夫:
If you do not know whether the person is a male or female, you can use their full name: Dear Cori Gauff:

标点符号在不同的情境中的使用也稍有不同:在商务信函中,问候语后应使用冒号。
Punctuation is a little different: in business letters, you should use a colon after the greeting.

在私人信件中,在问候语后加上逗号。
In a personal letter, add a comma after the greeting.

现在,假设你是科里·高夫的家族朋友。
Now, imagine you are a family friend of Cori Gauff.

在这种情况下,信的开头可以不那么正式,称呼她的名字即可:
In that case, you can begin your letter less formally and use her given name:

亲爱的科里: 我星期一在电视上见到你,简直太开心了。
Dear Cori,I was so happy to see you on television Monday.

你太棒了!
You were awesome!

你甚至可以称呼这位网球运动员的昵称,也就是可可: 亲爱的可可,
You might even use the tennis player’s nickname, which is Coco:Dear Coco,

在电子邮件和短信中,经常会看到“Hi” 或 “Hello”等问候语。
In emails and text messages, it is also common to see the greeting “Hi” or “Hello.”

如果你和对方很熟悉,并且最近和他们有联系,这些表达没有问题。
These are fine if you know the person well and have been in contact with them recently.

单词“greetings”听起来像是封格式信件或者是群发邮件的开头,因此不要在给单个人的信件中这样使用。
The word “greetings” sounds like the opening of a form letter, or a mass mailing, so you should not use it in a letter to just one person.

在商业信函的结尾,可以使用“Sincerely,”后跟写信人的姓名。
To close a business letter, you can use “Sincerely,” followed by your name.

给陌生人的信中要写你的全名,给认识的人写信可以直接写你的名字。
Use your full name for someone you do not know, and your given name for someone you do know.

在信的结尾,为以示友好,可以写“Yours,”或者 “Best Wishes,”后面跟着你的名字。
To close a friendly letter, you can use “Yours,” or “Best Wishes,” followed by your given name.

以上就是本期《名师答疑》的全部内容了。
And that’s Ask a Teacher!

我是爱丽丝·布赖恩特。
I’m Alice Bryant.

我是吉尔·罗宾斯。
And I’m Jill Robbins.