你怎么跟同事说再见?
How Do You Say Goodbye to a Coworker?

你怎么跟同事说再见?

How Do You Say Goodbye to a Coworker?

00:00

你怎么跟同事说再见?

How Do You Say Goodbye to a Coworker?

2019-05-12

在今天的请教老师栏目中,我们回答一个关于说再见的问题。


在今天的请教老师栏目中,我们回答一个关于说再见的问题。
In today’s Ask a Teacher, we answer a question about saying goodbye.

我们的读者秀树在日本的一所高中与许多国家的同事一起工作。她写道
Our reader, Hideki, works at a high school in Japan with many international coworkers. She writes:

“在与他们简短的交谈之后,很多时候我在谈话结束时都无话可说。”
After having a short conversation with them … there are many times l come up with nothing to say at the end of the conversation.

秀树表示,她有时会在当天晚些时候见她的同事,如下面的两个例子所示。
Hideki notes that she will see her coworkers later in the day at times, as in the first two examples below.

这是秀树想说再见的时候
Here are the times when Hideki wants to say goodbye:

1.早上离开同事的时候
1. When leaving a coworker in the morning

2.中午离开同事的时候
2. When leaving a coworker in the middle of the day

3.当你下班离开同事时
3. When leaving a coworker as you exit the workplace for the day

回答:亲爱的秀树,我在日本生活过,所以我理解你为什么会有这个问题。
Answer: Dear Hideki, I lived in Japan, so I understand why you have this question.

在你的语言中,有一些特定的表达方式,人们总是在特定的时候使用。
In your language, there are specific expressions people always use for such times.

然而,在英语中,当我们离开某人时,我们可以用几种不同的说法。
In English, though, there are several different things we can say when leaving someone.

在邮件中你应该已经猜到了一些
You guessed at some of them in your email:

你说,“也许我应该说,‘祝你玩得愉快’,‘很高兴和你聊天’,或者‘好好享受你的休息时间’。”
You said, "Maybe I should have said, ’Have a good one,’ ’Nice talking to you,’ or ’Enjoy your time off.’"

让我们看看情景1:你正要和一位同事道别,但你午餐时间会见到他或她。
Let’s look at situation 1: You are leaving a coworker, but you will see him or her at lunch time.

在学校里,有人可能会对老师说,“祝你有一个愉快的课堂”或“下课后见”。
In a school, someone may say to a teacher, "Have a good class," or "See you after class."

如果你没有和老师说话,你可以说,See you at lunch,(午餐时见) See you a little later(稍后见),或者简单的说一句later(稍后见)。
If you are not speaking to a teacher, you can say, “See you at lunch,” “See you a little later,” or simply, “Later.”

在情景2中,你和同事一起吃了午饭,然后下午的时候会分开。
In situation 2, you had lunch with a coworker and are leaving for the afternoon.

这种时候你可以说,Have a good afternoon。
Now you can say, “Have a good afternoon.”

(下午愉快)你也可以说Have a good one(祝你玩得愉快)。
You can also say “Have a good one.”

这就像祝福别人有美好的一天,一个下午或晚上。
That is the same as telling someone to have a good day, afternoon or evening.

让我们看看情景3,晚上或周末的时候你要和同事分开。
Let’s look at situation 3, where you are leaving for the evening or weekend.

在星期五,你可以说,“周末愉快”。
On Fridays, you can always say, “Have a good weekend.”

在其他的工作日,你可以说,“晚安”或者“明天见”。
On any other workday, you can say, “Good night” or “See you tomorrow.”

还有的时候你可能想说点什么。
There is one more time when you may want to say something.

当你离会的时候,你可以对别人说:“待会儿见。”
When you leave a meeting, you can say to others, "See you later."

给你的建议是,如果你不是每天都和那个人聊天,跟他说“和你聊天很愉快”这句话就会更常见。
Your suggestion, "Nice talking to you" is more common when you don’t talk to someone every day.

例如,如果你给一个几个月没见面的朋友打电话,这是结束谈话的好方法。
If you called a friend, for example, whom you have not seen for months, this would be a good way to close the conversation.

“好好享受你的休息时间”是我们经常对休假的人说的话。
Enjoy your time off is something we often say to people who are taking days off from work for vacation.

这并不是一句每天都会说的说法。
This would not be said every day.

最后,在任何工作场合,你都可以说,再见!
And, finally, in any work situation, you can also just say, “Bye!”

这就是今日的请教老师!
And that’s ask a teacher!

吉尔·罗宾斯报道。稍后见!
I’m Jill Robbins. See you later!