只要呼吸就好了
Just Breathe

只要呼吸就好了

Just Breathe

00:00

只要呼吸就好了

Just Breathe

2016-03-01

今天我们将要讨论的是“breathe”这个词。吸气。呼气。呼吸维持着我们的生命。深呼吸能够降低我们的血压,从过于兴奋的心情中冷静下来。今天我们去海滩探索一些从与呼吸有关的词组。


大家好,欢迎收听“美国之声”慢速英语《单词故事》节目。
Hello and welcome to VOA Learning English’s Words and Their Stories!

我们每周都会带来一些美国的常用词、词组和习语。
Every week, we bring you some common words, expressions and idioms used in the United States.

今天我们将要讨论的是“breathe”这个词。吸气。呼气。
Today we are going to breathe, Breathe in, Breathe out.

呼吸维持着我们的生命。
Breathing keeps us alive.

深呼吸能够降低我们的血压,从过于兴奋的心情中冷静下来。
Deep breathing can lower our blood pressure and calm an over-active mind.

今天我们去海滩探索一些与呼吸有关的词组。
Today, we visit the seaside as we explore many expressions that have to do with breathing.

两个好朋友从工作中脱离出来进行必要的休息。
Two friends are taking a much needed break from work.

在她们坐在沙滩上把脚深深地埋在沙子里的时候,我们加入了他们。
We join them as they sit on the beach, burying their feet deep in the sand.

今天上午她们正要上潜水课。
This morning they are taking scuba lessons.

她们呼吸着海边洁净的空气。
They breathe in the cleaning ocean air.

同时也把抛在脑后的工作烦恼呼出去了。
And they breathe out the frustrations of the work they left behind.

请听。
Let’s listen.

“这才是生活!
This is the life!

我们能度假真是太高兴了。”
I am so glad we took this vacation.

“是啊。
Me, too.

坐在这里听着大海和海鸥的声音,我终于能够松口气了。”
Sitting here listening to the ocean and the seagulls, I can finally breathe easy.

“接下来的两个礼拜都不用工作!
No work for the next 14 days!

这才真的让人松口气!”
That’s breathing easy!

“工作快要压垮我了。
Work was killing me.

直到我前往机场,我的老板一直在那里……盯着我。
Right up until I left for the airport, my boss was there … breathing down my neck the whole time.

‘好的老板,我写完报告了。
‘Yes, boss, I finished the report.

好的,我联系过客户了。
Yes, I contacted the client.

好的,我把提案交上去了。
Yes, I submitted the proposal.’

广告这一行真是永远都得不到休息啊!”
Advertising is such a non-stop industry.

“老板们应该明白,盯着人是没用的。
Bosses need to know that it doesn’t help to breathe down someone’s neck.

人们需要一些完成任务的喘息时间。”
People need a little breathing room to get things done.

“就是这样。
That is the truth.

能够远离工作,真让我松了一口气。
Well, I am breathing a sigh of relief to finally be away from work.

对了,你的工作怎么样了?”
Hey, how are things with your job?

“好一点。
It’s better.

几个月以前,我忙着参与竞选工作,几乎让我喘不过气来。”
Several months ago, I was so busy working on a political campaign that I hardly had time to breathe.

“我知道,自从那次选举以来我已经好几个月没看见你了。
I know,I didn’t see you for months during that campaign.

我还想着你什么时候才能出来放个风。”
I wondered when you were going to come up for air.

“和政客们一起工作……挺有挑战性的。
And working with politicians … that can be challenging.

他们开始自欺欺人。”
They start to breathe their own fumes.

“怎么个自欺欺人法?”
In what ways are they breathing their own fumes?

“他们相信民众和媒体对他们的评论。
They believe what the public and media say about them.

他们不听任何人的话并且认为他们自己知道的最多。”
They won’t listen to anybody and they think they know best.

“我在办公室里倒是不用和这种人打交道。
I don’t have to deal with that type at my office.

但我有个同事确实快把我逼疯了。
But one colleague of mine is really getting on my nerves.

办公室里里外外的空气都被她污染了。
She sucks all the air out of the room.

她嗓门很大,不停地说话,还总是想成为大家关注的焦点。”
She’s loud, talks all the time, and always has to be the center of attention.

“我的同事里面也有个这样的人。
I also worked with a guy who sucked the air out of a room too.

但是他走了。
But he left.

代替他的人很好,有很多新点子——真是一缕清风啊。”
The person who replaced him is pleasant and has many new ideas -- a real breath of fresh air.

“太棒了。
That’s great.

你知道,说道新鲜空气,海边的空气怎么样?
You know, talking about fresh air, how about this ocean air?

比城市里污浊的空气好多了。
So much better than a polluted city.

我想永远待在这里。”
I could stay here forever.

“我们要是中了彩票可就太好了!
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could win the lottery?

那样的话我们就能一直待在这里,不用操心挣钱的事儿了。”
That way we could just stay here on the beach and not worry about making money.

“我可不会屏住呼吸等待这种事发生的。
I wouldn’t hold your breath for that to happen.

中彩票的可能性一点都不尽如人意。
The odds of winning the lottery are not in your favor.

不过听起来你需要给自己的事业注入一些活力。
But it sounds like you need to breathe a little life into your career.

也许是时候寻找下一个工作了。”
Maybe it’s time to look for another job.

“嗯,事实上,我有一个不错工作的线索。
Well, in fact, I have a lead on a great job.

但是直到下个月我才知道。
But I won’t know until next month.

所以,这件事先不要跟任何人说。”
So, don’t breathe a word to anyone about it.

“我向你保证。我嘴很严的。
I promise,my lips are sealed.

但是,说真的,你愿意倾听我们吗?
But, really, would you listen to us?

我们想要逃离工作,但是刚刚又谈到工作了。”
We want to get away from work and here we are talking about it.

“哈哈,你说得对。
Ha, you’re right.

是时候把工作放到一边了。
It’s time to put work talk aside.

潜水教练过来了。
Here comes our scuba instructor.

说到呼吸和需要空气,一会儿潜水课的时候可别忘了这么做——我是说字面上的意思。”
Speaking of breathing and coming up for air, let’s not forget to do that during our scuba lesson, literally.

以上是今天的《单词故事》节目。
And that’s it for Words and Their Stories.

请在“美国之声”慢速英语网站上告诉我们
Let us know what you think of the program or practice using these expressions on our website,

你对节目和短语练习的想法。
at LearningEnglish.VOANews.com

安娜·马提欧为您报道。
I’m Anna Matteo.

“有时候,我需要的只是空气
Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe.

和爱你。
And to love you.

我需要的只是空气,
All I need is the air that I breathe,

和爱你,
Yes to love you,

我需要的只是空气……”
All I need is the air that I breathe...